Students and staff at Queen Mary can easily set up private or public groups within QMplus Hub. A QMplus Hub group has a configurable homepage and a number of tools available to group participants including forums, webpages, blogs and a shared files area. Groups can also be a useful way to share page templates and run class projects.
Reasons why you might set-up a group on QMplus Hub:
- to allow students to share work from their own portfolio with their tutor;
- to enable students to collaborate on a specific project who might only want to share information amongst themselves rather than the whole class.
- to develop, maintain or grow a community within your school, faculty or across QMUL e.g. Cycling or Learning technologies
- to share a page template created for an assessment with a group of students.
Getting started with groups - User guides
For students & Staff
- Creating & Managing a group
- Create a group
- Create a forum post
- Invite other people to join your group
- Manage how forum posts are received
- Joining a QMplus Hub group
- How to find groups to join
- How group invitations work, where you will see them and how to respond
- Leaving a QMplus Hub group
- Where to look for the 'leave this group' option
- What to do if you are a group administrator